Monday, January 19, 2009

DO YOU OPERATE IN A TUNNEL?

First Reaction/First Glance
When you walk through the door at work each morning, do you follow the same routine? Are your thoughts focused on the daily tasks that you concentrate on day in and day out? How would it be if you thought about the following:

The Learning Process
A good friend and mentor to me wakes up each morning and thinks simple thoughts like what am I going to accomplish today? How will I make a difference in my world today? Or my favorite, what will I do today to take myself and the people I lead to new levels.

Improvement for the Future
Imagine as you begin each new day envisioning what could be awaiting you on the other side of the tunnel.

I am suggesting that each day you create a new and special tunnel vision.

Examples are:
What person in your life would you like to influence in a special way? What new and creative idea would you like to share with your boss or co-worker? Or perhaps who do you need to call that you haven't spoken to in a while?

There are many other thoughts and if you create your own list and practice it every day, I promise your Tunnel will be shorter and full of light.